When you turn on your air conditioning unit, you expect a cool breeze to fill the room. But if warm air is blowing out instead of cold, something may be wrong and should get fixed. It is an all too common occurrence for many homeowners and can only be diagnosed with the help of a trained professional.
At A & E Heating & Cooling, we can help you understand why warm air is blowing out from your air conditioner and how to fix the issue. If you’re in Grand Rapids, AC repair appointments are available. Call us today!
Here Are Some Common Causes For Warm Air Blowing Out Of Your AC:
- Low Refrigerant Levels: Refrigerant is the liquid that helps cool the air in your home and should be filled to a certain level for optimal cooling performance. If levels are too low, warm air will blow out instead of cold. Low levels typically indicate a leak in the system, which a qualified technician should address.
- Blocked or Disconnected Ducts: If your ductwork is blocked due to a clog, it could prevent air from moving freely throughout the system. It can result in warm air coming out of the vents instead of cold.
- Dirty Air Filters: If you haven’t changed your air filters, they could be clogged with dirt and debris. It can reduce airflow, meaning warm air won’t make it to the vents for delivery. Check and replace your air filters every month for optimal cleaning efficiency.
- Electrical Issues: Faulty wiring or other electrical problems can cause significant heating and cooling issues in your home, including warm air blowing from the AC instead of cold. A qualified technician should inspect all electrical components regularly to ensure everything is working correctly and safely. Contact us immediately for AC repair in Grand Rapids, MI, and the surrounding areas to avoid further damage.
- Broken Motors: If your AC’s motor is faulty or has failed, it may not be able to move enough air from the system and could lead to warm air blowing out of the vents instead of cold.
- Improperly Sized Unit: An improperly sized unit will not be able to keep up with the demands of cooling your home. It could lead to warm air blowing from the unit because it doesn’t have enough power to quickly move the right amount of refrigerant through the system.
- Incorrect thermostat settings: Incorrect thermostat settings can cause poor performance in any AC system. Setting the unit too low or too high can also result in warm air coming out of the vents instead of cold.
If you’re experiencing warm air coming out of your AC, give A & E Heating & Cooling a call, and we can help you determine if an AC repair or replacement is the best option for you in Grand Rapids, MI, and the surrounding areas.
Preventative Measures To Help Mitigate Problems In The Future
Understanding why warm air comes out of your AC is only part of the solution. Preventative measures can help mitigate future issues and keep your AC running properly. Here are some tips to help you:
- Air filters should be changed monthly to ensure the system runs efficiently.
- An annual tune-up can help diagnose any issues with your system before they become more significant problems.
- Keep all vents unobstructed to ensure the proper airflow flows through your air conditioning system.
- Programmable thermostats help you keep your home comfortable while saving energy.
If you’re unsure how to perform preventative maintenance on your AC system or searching for the best AC company in Grand Rapids, MI, and the surrounding areas, A & E Heating & Cooling is here to help.
Hire Experts For Repairs In Grand Rapids, MI
At A & E Heating & Cooling, we provide comprehensive AC repair in Grand Rapids, MI, and the surrounding areas. With over 22 years of experience, we have the skills and know-how to diagnose and repair any problems you’re having with your AC. We use only high-quality parts and materials for all our work and strive for complete customer satisfaction. Don’t wait until it’s too late – call us today to learn more about our heating and cooling services in Grand Rapids, MI.